Pioneering new treatments
Who We Are
Science Foundation Ireland
Relevium Medical’s mission is to improve the quality of life for people living with osteoarthritis by developing highly innovative treatments that provide superior pain relief and keep people active for longer.
Osteoarthritis pain is routinely described as Europe’s largest hidden disability, affecting over 80 million European and US citizens. The most common form of OA affects the knee joint, representing 40% of cases (32 million).
Commonly Affected Joints:
Our Current Target
Knee osteoarthritis (Knee OA) is a painful, debilitating, and progressive condition without long-lasting, effective treatment options. In Knee OA progressive degradation and destruction of the bone and cartilage in the joint results in pain, stiffness, and loss of mobility.
Leading cause of disability worldwide
Lifetime costs per patient
of patients are unsatisfied with current treatments
Hydrobloc-01 is a patent protected novel bio-therapeutic for the treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis. It provides long lasting and effective pain relief, which is superior to competitor products.
Development to Date
IP Patent Filed
Dr. Alison Liddy
CEO & Founder
- PhD in Biochemical Engineering.
- 18 years of industry experience.
- Raised over €10 million in funding to date.
Mr. Damien Kelly
- Former CFO Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- 25 years of commercial experience.
- Successfully grown businesses to valuations of over €1 Billion.
Dr. Barry McDermott
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering.
- Uniquely qualified as a veterinary surgeon, research pharmacist and engineer.
- 20 years of Pharmaceutical and MedTech experience.
Get In Touch
Leave us a message